Monday, July 14, 2014

Time is of the Essence

"The Guitar Player"
Day 18 (7/14/2014)
It was another beautiful Wisconsin day for riding and building. Wade had been a little crabby this morning and I suspected he was in need of a nap so we took off a little earlier than usual. I also had to stop by the school and take care of some things in my room. We made a quick stop there and were on our way. Because of the winds over the weekend there was no shortage of work to be done. I did spend some time on rebuilding but I also wanted to start something new. Recently, I had been asked about how long it takes to build one of my constructions. I really hadn’t given it much thought. They are all different and it depends on a lot of different factors. First of all a build like “Tripod” has been through more reincarnations than Dr, Who so I guess you could say that it has taken seven years to get where it is now. On the other hand most of them are probably thrown together the first time in under fifteen minutes including the acquisition of materials. It would be nice to have more time but the interval of time between bikers isn’t usually very long. Also, I have a one year old partner whose patience and interest span is such that I can’t devote copious amounts of time to any one build. If a build can survive through a couple of incarnations they tend to get stronger and more interesting. Unfortunately after last summer all of the builds with the exception of “Tripod” are from this year and are still evolving. My hope is that by the end of the summer I will have some builds that will survive the winter.
No Name Yet

A Nice Shady Place to Nap

"In Flux"

A New Start behind "Tripod"

My attempt at a Sculpture Garden

Peek-a-boo

No comments:

Post a Comment