Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Grandpa Daycare Recap

Grandma and Wade
Day 24 (7/24/14)
I am very happy with the success of Grandpa Day Care over the last 5 weeks. When I agreed to sit for Wade during summer school I really didn’t know what to expect. I had of course taken care of him before but just here and there for short periods of time and usually Grandma Eileen was around to help. I decided I wanted to expose him to as much outdoor activity as possible. I had already been planning on doing more building on the bike trail so I figured why not have Wade go along. I didn’t want to spend a fortune for a child cart I wasn’t sure would get much use so I started looking on Craig’s list to no avail. There were a few out there, but dicey to say the least or too far away.  I finally found a Schwinn at Target that filled all my needs for around $150. It turned out to be a great buy. With the addition of another attachment from Amazon my son is able to hook it to his bike as well. I also purchased a little thermometer that I attached inside the cab so I could monitor the inside temperature which I would highly recommend. My daughter in law also contributed some neck supports for when he falls asleep. As it turns out we didn’t miss a day on the trail. One day was kind of drizzly but Wade wasn’t going to nap without a ride so I strapped him in put his windscreen down and took off. Soon he was fast to sleep and although I got a little wet it never really started raining heavy. I said I would cover some of the things I have learned over the last 5 weeks but I think I will save that for tomorrow.  

Tin Man

My Favorite Area

Prairie

Waz up

Watching Grandpa

Time for a nap

No comments:

Post a Comment