Thursday, July 9, 2009

Evening Primrose

Day 17 (7/9/09)
I may have to wait a couple of days before I do much more building. I have a feeling that it is going to continue to be pretty busy out on the trail until Union Pacific is done with their work. The good news is that they seem to be leaving all of the existing sculptures alone. I couldn’t believe that they didn’t even touch the “Church Build”. The guy actually must have placed ties around it without knocking it over. The one exception is “Boat Works” which seems to be stacked and marked for moving but it had been knocked down and I had never had a chance to rebuilding it. I am thinking about sneaking out tonight and rebuilding it and maybe they will leave it alone. I spent most of the time on the trail today talking to an old friend Hubie (sorry if I spelled that wrong). There is little to do with indigenous, Wisconsin wildlife, plant or animal, which he doesn’t know about. So, as we rode I picked his brain for what information I could get. Again, it is these encounters which keep me going to the trails. I wish I didn’t have a to-do list as long as my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment