Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chicory

Day 16 (7/7/09)
It was another beautiful day on the trail. Sadly, there is a lot of activity going on. Union Pacific is tearing up old ties and replacing them. I am hoping they leave me building materials but I have my doubts. I also noticed that somebody had striped the wires off the power lines on the southern end of the trail. I am sure that at least some of my building will become victims of the construction. I know I had vowed to quit rebuilding but I decided that I would make exceptions for some my favorites. As a result, I spent most of the day rebuilding. I also need to start going south but it seems like there is so much to do in the north that I never get a chance, maybe tomorrow. Right now it is hard to find rocks. The plants are so tall and thick. There are some blue flowers blooming and if I am right I think they are chicory. It is hard to photograph flowers along the trail. There are so many of them and you always wonder if you got the best bunch.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to get together. What time do you usually go out? I get done with summer school at 12:30. Or we might be around this weekend, but I am not sure because we might do some camping/hiking. Let me know if you're going out tomorrow (friday) afternoon.

    mf

    ReplyDelete