Sunday, October 23, 2016

Glad to be done with this job

Baseboard heater installed in the bathrrom
Day 24 (10/15/16)
I am not going to lie. I am very glad to have finished insulating the crawlspace. I had hoped to get it done last weekend and install the base board heaters but nothing ever goes quite as planed and I ended up having to finish it today. Three weekends of working in a small dark area can make a person wonder how they got involved in this project. Last weekend I did manage to get the walls finished and the heaters installed. As I have said before electricity is not my favorite avocation and I am always surprised when things actually work. I had watched a YouTube video on how to install the baseboards but when I got to the hall mine were totally different. After reading and double checking everything several times I flipped the breakers and they worked. I still had to insulate the last wall. I have been very careful to make everything as airtight as possible so I can keep my energy cost down. I hope it is worth it in the end but for now I think everything is set and all I have left to do is install a remote thermometer sending unit so I can monitor the temperatures in the crawlspace and bathroom. Perhaps next weekend I can do something more fun.
Preparing the  Baseboard Heater for the crawlspace

Preparing the crawlspace 

The Heater in Place

Finishing the Insulation

Almost Finished

All finished except some trim

No comments:

Post a Comment