|Cleaning the ceiling fans|
Day 20 (9/11/16)
Even though school has started work on the hall continues albeit much slower. One of the situations that we weren’t sure how we were going to deal with was painting the ceiling. We had looked into having professionals do it but when we received the estimates we realized it was way out of our price range. We had thought about renting scaffolding but since we can’t do it all at one time decided that would be a hassle. Then quite by accident while looking at a little rolling scaffold for painting the walls we noticed that they had a larger one for not much more money and it was stackable. It meant buying two but since we will need to insulate and paint the outside it seemed like a no brainer. They came in very handy during the painting party and our grandson loves them for climbing on. This week I had to paint the peak so Eileen and I decided to stack them and see how it was going to work. It took a little trial and error to figure out how best to assemble them but once we figured out a system it was quite easy. For stability sake we left one platform low and then raised the other one up to the height we needed. I was a little apprehensive making the first climb up into it. By nature it is a little wobbly but very structural and after a little time gaining my sea legs I was able to move around comfortably. When I start doing the ceiling I think I will place some two by four rails just to add an element of safety. It easily reached the ceiling and is going to make painting and fixing lights a lot easier and safer.
|A little scary at first|
|That's the ticket|
|Eileen painting the ceiling of the studio area|