Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dolmen Project (Year Two) Confessions of a Guerilla Artist

Day 6 (5/14/09)
It is a Thursday night so we didn’t have a great deal of time, but the weather was so great we had to make a quick run. Most everything was still at least partially up. The highlight of the trip came when we got to the build we call the “Dangler”. Under the top rock was a note in a bag. At first I assumed it was the return of our “religious critic” from last summer. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a letter from, what I assume was, a young lady named Andrea. It was a story about here family trip to Milwaukee to see the Titanic Exhibit. My favorite part of Andrea’s note is her comment in the lower left hand corner, “I decided to leave this so you learn something about me so it isn’t lost”. In her youthful innocence she may have very well struck a universal chord. Who doesn’t want to show the world a little part of themselves so it isn’t lost? It had been left on the eighth. I brought it home to read and sign it and will return it on Saturday as she requested.
It is amazing how fast everything is growing up on the trail. Already it is getting harder to find stones but I am sure we will make due. There is still a lot of water so we couldn’t get to some of the build sites but it makes me excited about summer.




1 comment: