Monday, June 27, 2016

All work and no play…

Tripod back up
Day 3 (6/26/16)

As the saying goes “all work and no play…”  Last year at this time Wade and I had been out on the bike trails every day for two weeks by now. With the purchase of the town hall my plan has been to get all of my summer tasks done before I start working on the hall. That and not needing to babysit Wade leaves the trail kind of neglected. I decided today however to take a break and go out and spend some time with Wade on the trail. His mom decided to come with us. That worked out well because Wade is no longer satisfied to sit and watch. He has matured so much from last year and now is full of questions and suggestions. I have to be careful though because I don’t want anything falling on him. I would switch between drawing with him and his mom Rita and building. Everything has been down since spring so there was no trouble finding materials. As always I started with Tripod. It just doesn’t feel right if Tripod isn’t standing. Rita and Wade found some wild strawberries which were very small but Wade said tasty. After three quick builds Wade started getting restless and it was time to hit the trail. We biked on a little farther and then headed for home. I will have to try to get out on the trail at least once a week.
Wade and Rita making the drawerings

Making Ants

Wades Strawberry

A couple rebuilds

Why do you build these Grandpa?

Looking to the future

No comments:

Post a Comment