Sunday, March 11, 2012

Well of Souls


Here we go again!
Day 8 (3/11/12)
It was only a week ago that we snowshoed out the bike (ReCreation) trail in search of the builds we had made just the week before that. If yesterday had been beautiful then today was without description. The wind had died down and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. We dragged our bicycles out of the garage and prepared them for the maiden voyage of the year. After airing up the tires and giving them a quick inspection we were ready for the trail. As expected it was busy and we figured we would get little building done. Fortunately, we had only one major goal that we wanted to accomplish. That was to start the “Well of Souls” or soles as it is. There are little concrete wells all along the trail where poles have been pulled out. I figured something had to be done with them. Yesterday, while walking the beach I came across an old dilapidated shoe. It was just what I was looking for to start my well of soles. I felt a tinge of guilt for bringing trash on to the reCreation trail but I figured I wasn’t so much littering as relocating. At any rate it looked like it wasn’t long for this world anyway, a perfect subject. I was also a little concerned about where the shoe originated having just read an article on shoes with feet in them washing up on a beach somewhere. Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do. Had it not been so busy I would have had a little more ceremony but as it was we had to make it look as we were photographing some birds until we had a window of opportunity. All in all it was a great day.

Well of Souls

Laying the Sole to Rest

Needs more Soles

Keeping watch

Eileen's Tree Build

Cool Graphic

Rebuilding Grotto Build

Another Sign of Spring



No comments:

Post a Comment