Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Amsterdam beach

Day 10 (11/13/11)
For whatever reason I have had a hard time keeping up with my blogs, it could be the busyness of school or the classes I have been taking or just a lethargic attitude, I am not sure. I have decided that for my own good I have to get back at it. In this post I am looking back exactly a month to reminisce over what turned out to be a magical afternoon. We had spent most of the day doing our weekend chores and thought we should go get some fresh air and of course pick up rocks. Since Eileen got her drill press picking rocks off from beaches has become one of our favorite pastimes. Soon I will do a blog with some of her jewelry. It was another one of those days that was just windy enough to really stir up the lake with crashing breakers. The sky was beautiful when we got there but continued to become even more picturesque the longer we stayed. You don’t usually think of sunsets on the lake since it is better situated for sunrise but that night the sky was just fiery red. It was an excellent way to end the day and perhaps the beach combing season.






No comments:

Post a Comment