Sunday, March 24, 2019

Spring Break on the Bike Trail

Three Builds

Day 2 (3/23/19)
After a couple of years without much activity on the bike trail Eileen and I decided to get an early start in 2019. We had no idea how much snow would be left on the trail but decided to go find out. There were areas where snow had drifted that we had to walk the bikes across but most of it was good. This time of the year is a great time to get out and build because the grass hasn’t covered all the building materials yet. We were not disappointed.  I started by building a cairn at the beginning of the trail. The only problem we encountered was the water. Many of the building sites were still quite saturated so we headed for higher ground. I wanted to check on the area we refer to as the sculpture garden. We were pleasantly surprised to find “Tripod” still standing although somewhat worse for wear. Most of the other builds were down. I set to work. It was wet and muddy but at least I didn’t have to worry about biting ants or mosquitoes. Soon after starting on Tripod I realized that with the soft ground I was going to have to do some stabilization. Finally, I managed to get everything set up without fear of it toppling at least right away. I spent some time restoring a couple of other builds before deciding to call it a day. I hope this bodes well for the rest of the year.  


Some Snow

Eileen walking her Bike

First build in 2019

Woolly Bear

Tripod still standing

We found a rock

Signs of Spring

In hiding

Building starts

A new one

Tripod rebuild

Pussy Willows

No comments:

Post a Comment